Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Q and A with author Peg Cochran (Author of Dead and Berried)

A Cozy Girl Reads is celebrating the new May release of Dead and Berried, Book 3 in the Cranberry Cove Mysteries From Berkley Prime Crime. The book is defineately on my TBR list. Be sure to click our amazon link below to purchase.

 Where do you get your ideas?
 The truth is, I don’t know! I start with the smallest grain of an idea and it snowballs from there and by the time I start writing the book, I’ve forgotten what part of it was the original spark for the story. I do remember the spark for the Cranberry Cove series though—I had this sudden vision of a body floating up in a flooded cranberry bog and it took off from there.

 Do you have any writing rituals?
 Short answer: no. I don’t have to light a special candle or play special music. As a matter of fact, I prefer no music at all. I have a full-time day job and need to use whatever spare time I can scrounge up to meet my deadlines so I’ve learned to write whenever/wherever!

 What kind of research did you do for your Cranberry Cove series?
 There is a cranberry farm in South Haven, Michigan, about an hour from us. I was able to watch a harvest. It was a beautiful day and the blue sky combined with the brilliant red of the cranberries made a gorgeous picture. The owner was very helpful in answering my questions except for one. He had no idea what to say when I asked him what they’d do if a body floated up when they flooded the bog!

 Regular books or ebooks?
 Both. I prefer to read non-fiction in book format because I often skip around and don’t read chapters in order. And if it’s a book on writing, I might want to reread bits or underline them. Fiction I read almost exclusively on my Kindle because it’s easier for me to see—I can make the type bigger and my case has a built-in book light. Of course I could put a brighter bulb in the lamp by the sofa where I like to sit (okay, lie down) and read! That would probably help a lot.

 What are you reading right now?
 I’m about one third of the way through Behind Her Eyes (and will probably be finished by the time you read this) and I just finished The Girl Before. And before that it was a woman’s fiction book Silver Girl.

 Click the link to purchase:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LEGAL

All reviews are copyrighted by Tina Diamond and Marlene Patterson. Tina Diamond's reviews also appear at Amazon.com and Goodreads.com.

Tina Diamond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Assiociates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed for a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com